Even if you didn’t celebrate Easter last week, we can all have hope from the Easter, which marks resurrection and renewal. Here are 5 important takeaways from Easter taken loosely from Crosswalk.com.
- We are loved – God loves us. His love cannot be undone. God’s love for us is not hesitant or begrudging. He loves us freely and willingly
- We are not alone – Often, we think God has abandoned us or that He doesn’t care about our struggles and the pain we experience. But, we cannot forget that God knows our sorrows and grief.
- We can rest – God offers us rest. Everything needed for us to experience peace with God and have eternal life … is already accomplished. We are not required to do any work to help make it happen. Salvation is a gift from God. It is not based on what we do for God, but on what Jesus did for us.
- We can be hopeful – Death doesn’t have the final word. Sin and suffering don’t have the final word. Politics and pandemics don’t have the final word.
- We can keep going – Even in these troubling, confusing times – when you just want to give up and call it quits–we can keep going because God keeps us going.P
- Photo credits: Waterloo-Cedar Courrier