This weekend, we share Fertility Friday’s podcast on thyroid, adrenals and fertility with Dr. Romm, a midwife, herbalist, and Yale-trained MD, who is board certified in Family Medicine with Obstetrics. Dr. Romm has been bridging the best of traditional medicine with good science for over three decades.
She is considered one of the world’s leaders in botanical medicine and is the author of 7 books on natural medicine.
In today’s episode, Fertility Friday dives dive into thyroid and adrenal health, and how it can impact fertility and the menstrual cycle.
Topics discussed include:
- The lack of in-depth women’s health studies in traditional medical school
- How to choose the right practitioner
- The function of the adrenals vs. thyroid
- What factors keep the stress response system chronically activated
- How insulin resistance is a main cause of PCOS
- Signs your adrenals may be in overdrive
- The 3 key things to reset your adrenals
- The importance of keeping your blood sugar balanced
- How getting enough sleep benefits your body and stress system
- How cortisol impacts thyroid function
- Does the pill affect thyroid function?
- How problems with your adrenals or thyroid affect fertility
- How to handle hypothyroidism when pregnantal cycle.
Click here for more information and the podcast.