Hey SuzyKnew Reader!
We all need love.
But, how do we get great love? Make these 5 key resolutions in 2013, and you’ll be on your way to great love in 2013:
1. Vow to put 2012 behind you. This isn’t easy. And, we aren’t saying it is. But, even if it takes a few good self help books or time with a therapist, put 2012 in the past. This means resolving your feelings and forgiving the man who broke your heart in 2012 or back in 2002. It also means giving up the resentment you’re holding against your boyfriend, best friend, or sister for what they did to you in the past. Talk it through and work it out. Keep it moving in 2013.
2. Be true to yourself. Know who you are and what’s important to you. Sometimes, it’s hard to admit we aren’t who we wish we were. We’re less generous with our time and money than we let on. Our credit card debit is higher and our credit score lower than what we share with close friends, and our housekeeping skills are far from perfect. So, we shouldn’t try to convince ourselves that we would be happy with a social activist or a man with impeccable finances, let alone a man who follows Martha Stewart’s every tip. But, settling in with a man who shares our passion for good conversation, our commitment to family, and common values will put us on the path for great love in 2013.
3. Forgive others and forgive yourself. We all make mistakes in love or get our hearts broken. But, if we don’t let it go – and we mean really let it go – finding great love will be impossible. And, sometimes, we’re harder on ourselves than we are on others. So, when we’re in the process of forgiving our partner and our friends and family, let’s not forget to forgive ourselves. Only, then can we engage ourselves completely in love. And, as Jennifer Lopez SuzyKnew said earlier in 2012, if we can’t love ourselves, who can we love?
4. Give freely of yourself – and let others know your needs. Yes, that’s right. Give your man what he wants. If he wants you to cook him homemade meals, cook it, honey! And give him that back rub, too. If your best friend or sister needs to talk to you for hours on end about the man who left her or the boss who fired her, let her. But, make sure they know your needs and what you have to do to be you. In other words, cooking wonderful homemade meals is fine – on the week-ends when you have time. Spending hours on the phone is okay too when you don’t have any pending deadlines at work. And, yes, you need your mani pedi every other week and a mind-blowing orgasm twice a week.
And finally, and most importantly…
5. Put God first in your relationships and in all that you do. Yes, Gentle SuzyKnew reader, believe it or not, it’s not all about you. There is a higher power out there. God is watching and wants you to be happy – and have great love. Put God first in all your relationships and you’ll achieve great love.
Here Here!! I agree. I have definitely vowed for 2013 to put 2012 behind me and move forward. Trusting God to lead me to the right love and working hard to forgive myself for that stupid mistake in 2012!!! And for past years as well!! Just before the new year began I found something new and great! I know it’s great because it’s NOTHING like what was thrown at me before and exactly what I’m looking for in a good man. So good I don’t know how to act around him!! Girls pay attention! It works!
We’re paying attention…!