Today we share Fertility Friday’s episode on the difficult topic of dealing with infertility. Lisa’s guest is Sheridan Voysey, who is a writer, speaker and broadcaster. His books include Resurrection Year: Turning Broken Dreams into New Beginnings, Resilient, and the award-winning Unseen Footprints. Sheridan shares his personal experience of making it through infertility from the male perspective.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- A look into Sheridan and his wife Merryn’s ten year infertility and adoption journey
- How their journey led Sheridan to write his book, Resurrection Year
- How Sheridan dealt with the grief and loss of their unsuccessful dream of having a child
- Sheridan’s advice for couples struggling with infertility
- The importance of putting your marriage/relationship first during this challenging time
- Ways to deal with one partner wanting to stop trying and the other wanting to continue
- How dealing with fertility issues can affect men in various aspects of their lives
- The importance of also remembering to check in with men to see how they are feeling and dealing with the fertility struggles
- Ways men who deal with lower sperm count can connect with others to know that they are not alone
- How those who have gone through the infertility journey can use their trial to help guide, inspire or comfort others going through it
- The importance of remembering there is so much more to you than your parental status
Click here for the podcast and full episode.